For the latest update on the YMCA of Northern Alberta’s response to COVID-19, please, click here
. Because of the high volume of requests, we are unable to respond to phone inquiries at this time
The YMCA of Northern Alberta creates life-enhancing opportunities for the growth and development of all people in spirit, mind, and body.
Strong kids, healthy families, thriving communities.
The Communities We Envision
- People experiencing better health and well-being in spirit, mind, and body.
- Individuals and families thriving and experiencing a sense of belonging.
- All children and youth becoming active, engaged, and healthy.
- All individuals and families having the opportunity to reach their potential.
- People respecting diversity and social inclusion.
- People working together to strengthen the foundations of our communities.
The YMCA We Need, One That:
- Leads, partners, and advocates in order to strengthen the foundations of local and global communities.
- Values the diversity of all people.
- Fosters equality of opportunity for all individuals and families in our communities.
- Nurtures personal growth in spirit, mind, and body.
- Promotes holistic health and well-being.
- Cultivates future leaders.
- Encourages philanthropy in all we do.
- Demonstrates our value and impact
Our Values in Action:
Our guide to decision-making and behaviour.
Do the right thing – We are caring, respectful, honest, and responsible in all we do.
Put people first – We believe in each other – our strengths, perspectives, and passions.
Keep our promises – We do what we say we will do.
Lead by example – We are courageous, speaking with conviction and always willing to listen and collaborate.
Be inclusive and open to all – We welcome every person, regardless of background or circumstance.
YMCA Family Violence Statement:
The YMCA of Northern Alberta believes that violence in any relationship is unacceptable and that everyone exposed to family violence is impacted including unborn babies, children, youth, and adults. We also believe that everyone has the capacity for change and growth and we will support anyone in an abusive relationship to get the help they are looking for.
The YMCA of Northern Alberta has enjoyed serving the community as an independent registered charity since 1907! We've certainly grown, with 1600+ employees, 600+ volunteers, 20+ community program locations, 3 housing services sites, 70+ child care programs, and 9 service and program centres.
We can't wait for another 100+ years of seeing the potential in everyone!
YMCA Giving - Donate Today!
YMCA Giving is the YMCA of Northern Alberta’s annual campaign to raise funds and awareness of community needs. Donations are used to assist people in gaining access to YMCA programs and services to help improve and enhance their lives. No one is turned away due to the inability to pay!
Plan Your Legacy
The YMCA recognizes and honours those who have included the YMCA in their estate plans. Formally known as the 'Heritage Club', members plan their gifts to create endowment funds at either The Edmonton YMCA Foundation or the Edmonton Community Foundation.