For the latest update on the YMCA of Northern Alberta’s response to COVID-19, please, click here
. Because of the high volume of requests, we are unable to respond to phone inquiries at this time
Guided by our vision and grounded in our core values, the YMCA’s commitment to serve, learn, lead and renew has ensured our association’s relevance, sustainability and impact on a changing community for more than 110 years. Over the past year we worked as a committed team of YMCA leaders on an extensive process to develop a new strategic plan to guide our work and our impact on communities. We looked at what was happening in our community, listened to community leaders, consulted key partners and discussed how all these insights should be reflected in our work. The result? This Transforming Our Communities 2017 – 2021 strategic plan. This plan introduces a more remined focus, better defined areas of commitment with ten corresponding outcomes, and identifies key priorities within our four interrelated strategic directions: Excellence in Program and Service Delivery, Extending Our Reach, Increasing Our Capacity and Strengthening Our Brand and Impact.
- The Transforming Our Communities strategic plan will guide our work over the next five years and is unique in a number of ways:
- Builds upon our association’s strong foundation and ability to remain relevant to a changing community for more than 110 years;
- Looks to the future with optimism and a bold, aspirational vision for our community and our YMCA;
- Aligns to community priorities that inform our areas of commitment, focus and impact;
- Frames strategies around four key pillars: Excellence in Program and Service Delivery, Extending Our Reach, Increasing
- Our Capacity and Strengthening Our Brand and Impact; and Requires long-term financial sustainability, engagement, investment, fund development, operational excellence and partnerships well beyond what we have done before.
We believe that more people will be helped in deeper, more meaningful ways as a result of our strategic efforts. As we get better, so do the people we serve. Yet there is much more to do, and the next five years will see our team—and every man, woman, teen and child we serve—get that much closer to reaching their potential.