- William Lutsky Family YMCA
- Type of Position:
- Part Time
- Placement Date:
William Lutsky Family YMCA
Has the following part-time position working evenings and weekends.
Ref # AQ_COO
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking a dynamic individual that will monitor and respond to program areas, ensuring the Aquatics staff team are all working on strategies to improve the members experience; affecting retention (increase), program quality and member satisfaction.
Wage: Starting at $16.90/hour
- Assist Supervisor in recruitment, training, coaching and supervision of staff and volunteers.
- Coordinate the operations of all programs and services for members at the quality and service levels outlined.
- Create, monitor, schedule and implement aquatic programming for members, manage pool programming space, assign instructors to their designated areas, and ensure proper spacing of programming within pool area and maintain proper ratios.
- Facilitation of Aquatics programs and services. Instruct aquatic programming and perform lifeguard duties, cover absences and fill in when classes are overbooked or need support.
- Enforce that the Aquatics centre follows procedures to ensure Provincial and Local Public Health Regulations.
- Role model best practices daily by interacting with members in the facility.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- University Degree in Recreation, Physical Education or Education, or related experience an asset.
- Standard First Aid, CPR-C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search
- National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) an asset
- Aquatics Certifications required: National Lifeguard Service (NLS), Oxygen Administration, YMCA Swim Instructor and/or Water Safety Instructor (WSI), Aquatic Emergency Care (AEC)
- Advanced swimming instruction preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience in aquatics in an instructing and/or guarding capacity.
- Leadership experience an asset.
- Able to deal with difficult situations and customer complaints with confidence.
- Demonstrated leadership, lesson planning skills, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Windows, CLASS).
- Pool Standards and regulations for running and operating an aquatic facility (Alberta Health Services Standards and Lifesaving Society Alberta Standards an asset).
Applications will remain open until Friday March 17th, 2017.
Send your resume and cover letter to JBolwerk@northernalberta.ymca.ca