- Castle Downs Family YMCA
- Type of Position:
- Full Time
- Placement Date:
Castle Downs Family YMCA has the following full-time position working evenings and weekends Sunday – Thursday:
Cleaning Supervisor/MOD Ref # CLN_SUP_MOD
As the Cleaning Supervisor the successful individual will provide effective leadership in directing the Facility Attendant team in the delivery of safe cleaning practices within the assigned YMCA Centre. As MOD, you will be responsible for working with the Membership Director to hire, train and supervise the Centre MOD staff team and to oversee the Centre Health & Safety Program. As MOD during peak assigned shift hours (identified by the Centre) ensuring the membership and program experience meets SAM 2.0 standards and providing leadership in response to emergency situations, member complaints and other incidents.
Salary: Starting at $35,875 annually
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, supervise and manage all full-time and part-time direct reports and volunteers within service areas.
- Coordinate the operations of all cleaning services at the quality and service levels outlined to ensure a safe, friendly, welcoming and cleaning facility.
- Comply with standards and practices to meet all local and provincial codes as well as YMCA established practices (WHMIS, Public Health) and follow the audit process for service quality assurance.
- Maintain cleanliness and maintenance of the facility and locker rooms and ensure all areas are well maintained and comply with YMCA SAM 2.0 Standards.
- Manage within the approved cleaning budget, prepare and evaluate cleaning budgets for yearly approval and purchase and replace cleaning equipment and products as required.
- Offer excellent customer service to members, and YMCA staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
MOD (Manager of Duty)
- Assist the Membership Director in the selection and training of new MOD staff: review applications, interview, facilitate and ensure all new MOD staff complete all components of training, and perform MOD staff evaluations.
- Oversee the branch MOD systems and ensure they are complete and up to date at all times. This includes ensuring that MOD certifications are on file and up to date, the MOD resource binder is up to date and time sensitive materials (on call schedules, phone lists) are updated as required. The MOD binder is audited for completeness a minimum of once per quarter and any deficiencies are resolved.
- Interview, select, and coordinate volunteers and perform related administrative duties as required.
- Attend and participate in all association health and safety committee meetings. Complete tasks as assigned at Health and Safety meetings and ensure monthly health and safety inspections are completed and signed off.
- As MOD will be required to act as an MOD for a minimum 10 hours week, (includes closing shifts). Role model all responsibilities and behaviors expected of an MOD.
- Contribute as a member of the staff team in the operation of the centre, and complete other duties as assigned.
- Minimum high school or equivalent.
- Standardized MOD Training Certification (training provided)
- Standard First Aid, CPR-Level C, WHMIS Certification, and AED Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search
- 1-3 years supervisory experience.
- Previous cleaning and/or janitorial experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to deal with difficult situations and customer complaints with confidence.
- Problem solving skills and multitasking.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Windows, CLASS an asset)
- Literacy level adequate to read and follow written cleaning and safety standards and ability to complete the assigned duties to the quality level established.
Applications will remain open until April 30, 2017
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
30-04-2017 | 11:59 PM