- Castle Downs Family YMCA
- Placement Date:
Castle Downs Family YMCA
Has the following full-time position.
Male Facility Services Cleaning Supervisor
As the Cleaning Supervisor, the successful individual will provide effective leadership in directing the Facility Services team in the delivery of safe cleaning practices within the assigned YMCA Centre, ensuring the membership and program experience meets SAM 2.0 standards.
Salary: Starting at $35,875 annually
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, supervise and manage all full-time and part-time direct reports and volunteers within service area.
- Coordinate the operations of all cleaning services at the quality and service levels outlined to ensure a safe, friendly, welcoming and cleaning facility.
- Comply with standards and practices to meet all local and provincial codes as well as YMCA established practices (WHMIS, Public Health) and follow the audit process for service quality assurance.
- Maintain cleanliness and maintenance of the facility and male locker rooms and ensure all areas are well maintained and comply with YMCA SAM 2.0 Standards.
- Manage within the approved cleaning budget, prepare and evaluate cleaning budgets for yearly approval and purchase and replace cleaning equipment and products as required.
- Offer excellent customer service to members, and YMCA staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Contribute as a member of the staff team in the operation of the centre, and complete other duties as assigned.
- Minimum high school or equivalent.
- Standard First Aid, CPR-Level C, WHMIS Certification, and AED Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search
- 1-3 years supervisory experience.
- Previous cleaning and/or janitorial experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to deal with difficult situations and customer complaints with confidence.
- Problem solving skills and multitasking.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Windows, CLASS an asset)
- Literacy level adequate to read and follow written cleaning and safety standards and ability to complete the assigned duties to the quality level established.
Applications will remain open until March 20,2017
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
20-03-2017 | 4:18 PM