- YMCA Welcome Village
- Type of Position:
- Full-Time 37.5 Hours a week
- Placement Date:
YMCA Family Resource Centre – YMCA Welcome Village has the following position available starting May 8th for 37.5 hours/week:
Full-Time Program Instructor
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking an enthusiastic individual that will plan, implement, promote and facilitate programs to a diverse clientele at the YMCA Welcome Village.
Wage: Starting at $33,723/year
- Plan, promote, implement and facilitate approved programs including cooking and children programs.
- Maintain and role model respect amongst the program participants and volunteers.
- Work with child, youth and adult participants
- Active supervision and support of program participants and volunteers during programming.
- Program administration duties; document and maintain statistical information.
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment for all participants, volunteers and staff.
- Work with supervisor to complete budgeting and forecasting for applicable programs.
- Contribute as a member of the staff team in the operation of the centre, and complete other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services and role model a personal commitment to a healthy lifestyle.
- University Degree or Diploma in a related field
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C
- Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance (will provide)
- WHMIS Certification (will provide)
- Experience and knowledge of cultural groups, high needs, and marginalized populations.
- Well developed interpersonal skills.
- Foundational counselling skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com