The YMCA is Open to Everyone - Everyone deserves a chance.
As an entirely independent charity, including the completely not-for-profit Health, Fitness & Aquatics centres, the Summer Camps and Day Camps, and our 52 Child Cares, the YMCA of Northern Alberta believes in equality of opportunity for all members of the community - regardless of age, race, sex, religion or economic circumstance. Through the Opportunity Fund, the YMCA membership and program experience is available to families regardless of their ability to pay the full fees. Drop-in and ask how you can get started! If you know someone who could benefit from this program, please let them know. Financial Assistance is available!
At the Y, we believe everyone can reach their potential when they are active, learning and connected.
We'd love to help you reach your full potential by removing financial barriers to participation. Contact us today to apply for YMCA Financial Assistance.
HOW DO WE DETERMINE WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE?
Applicants for Financial Assistance (formerly the Opportunity Fund) are pre-approved if you are a verified recipient of:
- IS: Income Support.
- AISH: Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped.
- ACHB: Alberta Child Health Benefits (letter with expiry date required).
- AAHB: Alberta Adult Health Benefits (letter with expiry date required).
- Eligibility for the Financial Assistance is determined by family income and size. The YMCA uses the Government of Alberta Core Need Income Thresholds (CNIT) Table to help determine eligibility. The Table identifies a range of low-income levels from individuals to 1 or 2 adults with multiple children.
You may also be eligible to apply for the YMCA Opportunity Fund if you have unique or special circumstances and/or are unable to provide proof of income. If this is your situation:
- Stop in and join us for a tour to learn all about what the YMCA has to offer-workout areas, schedules and programs for all ages. At the end of your tour you will also receive a 3-visit pass to try the YMCA.
- Complete the application form and gather the necessary information.
Please bring in your application and other requested information, and join us at one of the drop-in times at your local YMCA.
Find out how you can begin your YMCA membership at a reduced cost.
THE YMCA IS PLEASED TO OFFER THIS OPPORTUNITY TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE IS MADE POSSIBLE BY THE YMCA STRONG KIDS CAMPAIGN.
Wood Buffalo Region
The YMCA of Wood Buffalo provides programs and services to all people, regardless of circumstance, through the YMCA Opportunity Fund. This allows those who are unable, not unwilling to afford the full cost of membership and/or programs to access the YMCA at a reduced cost.
Am I Eligible for the Opportunity Fund?
You are pre-approved for the Opportunity Fund if you are a current recipient of:
IS: Income Support
AISH: Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped
Please bring one of the above benefits card(s) to the Membership Services desk to get information on how you can begin your YMCA membership at a reduced cost.
If I don't qualify under OPTION 1, how do I apply?
Eligibility for the Opportunity Fund is determined by family income and size. The YMCA uses the government's Low Income Cut-Off Chart (LICO) www.canadavisa.com/immigration-financial-ability.html as a guideline to help determine eligibility. You may also be eligible to apply for the YMCA Opportunity Fund if you have unique or special circumstances and/or are unable to provide proof of income. If this is your situation:
- Stop in and join us for a tour to learn all about what the YMCA has to offer - workout areas, schedules and programs for all ages. At the end of your tour you will also receive a 2-week pass to try the YMCA and an Opportunity Fund Application form.
- Complete an application form and gather the necessary information.
- Bring your completed application and information and join us for one of the drop-in times.
The YMCA is pleased to offer this opportunity to you and your family.