William Lutsky Family YMCA - due to the extreme cold temperatures, we are experiencing issues with the heating systems in both women's change room. All change rooms are open for use, but please expect cooler than normal temperatures during use. We apologize for this inconvenience.
The YMCA’s Purposeful Play Preschool is a 10-month kindergarten readiness program that encourages children to develop their creativity, imagination and social skills.
- While attending Purposeful Play two or three times per week your child will have countless adventures and opportunities to learn and grow.
- Exciting playscapes offer activities based on your child’s interests.
- Creative learning incorporates the foundations of language and literacy, math, sciences and creative arts.
- Exhilarating learning through fundamental movements such as hopping, jumping, climbing, throwing, catching and much more.
- Engaging activities allow your child to actively explore and learn to become a self-directed problem solver and develop an excitement for learning.
YMCA Purposeful Play aligns with provincial early learning frameworks and is based on research and evidence that shows play is the most effective way that children learn and gain new skills.
Detailed welcome information will be provided to parents before the start of the program. However, here is some information to get you started.
- All children registering for the program must be toilet trained.
- Please send a complete change of clothes (labelled) with your child in the event of spills or accidents. Active footwear and socks must be worn.
- We are an allergen aware facility. Please do not send any products with your child that contains or may contain nuts or nut products. Please clearly label all snack items.
Registration is now open at all YMCA Health, Fitness and Aquatics Centres. In person registration only. Register today!