We are looking for motivated and dedicated young adults ages 18 to 25 to join the YMCA of Northern Alberta Young Leadership Advisory Council.
As part of this representative group, you will have the opportunity to share your opinions
on various issues that affect young adults in Edmonton and especially the YMCA.
- You are between the ages of 18 and 30.
- You are involved in the YMCA: as a member, a volunteer or a participant.
- You want to drive change in your YMCA and in the YMCA of Northern Alberta.
- You want to improve the member experience of those ages 18 to 30.
- You can commit to joining this Advisory Council for a minimum one (1) YEAR term.
- You are able to attend at least one meeting per month.
- You can give some extra hours to complete projects at your YMCA centre.
- You are responsible, productive and willing to take on initiative to complete agreed upon tasks and share your ideas.
Once a month, participants will meet with a YMCA chairperson and will engage in discussion on various topics, with the purpose affecting the development and growth of your YMCA. Your input can be brought to various leadership groups within the YMCA so that your voice will be heard and considered.
Be a Leader. Be Involved. Make a Difference.
Interested and engaged community members ages 18 to 30, please apply by contacting an Adult Ally:
Have fun, make friends and prepare for the real world! Make friends, learn valuable skills and prepare for the real world by joining the Leader-in-Training (LIT) program, a ten-month program for...
We are looking for motivated and dedicated youth to join the YMCA of Northern Alberta Youth Advisory Council. As part of this representative group, youth will be able to share their opinions on...
Youth Advisory Council (YAC)
We are looking for motivated and dedicated youth to join the YMCA of Northern Alberta Youth Advisory Council. As part of this representative group, youth will be able to share their opinions on various issues that affect Edmonton youth, especially at the YMCA.
Become a Counsellor in Training (CITs)
Volunteer as a Counsellor-in-Training! This is a leadership opportunity for youth to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to become a camp counsellor. Including training and a two week placement, participants will be placed in different day camp programs based on their experience in the CIT Program and the ‘Leaders-in-Training’ (LITs) program.
Become a Leader in Training (LITs)
In grade 7–12? Become a LIT and make friends, learn valuable skills and prepare for the real world by joining Leaders In Training, a ten-month program for youths. Have fun with your peers in exciting team-building activities and build your resume by participating in rewarding volunteer opportunities that teach skills and benefit the local community.