As we update our website, if you notice any error please copy and paste the link from your browser and email us
. Thank you for supporting our charity!
YMCA Youth Exchanges Canada (YEC) program provides youth aged 12 to 17 with the opportunity to explore Canada while learning leadership, communication, and teamwork skills, all while developing a strong sense of community. Youth work together on community projects and make new friends while discovering the history, geography and diversity of Canada.
The experience of a lifetime! The Youth Exchanges Canada program is designed for groups of 10 to 30 participants who are paired with same-age groups from another province or territory, and they travel to each other’s communities, staying for at least 5 days.
The Government of Canada through the YMCA Youth Exchanges Canada Program pays the transportation costs for all eligible participants and organizers. The YMCA facilitates the exchanges through local support networks.
The YMCA Youth Exchanges Canada Program is open to groups of young people who belong to a recognized community organization or school. To participate in the program, you must:
- Be between the ages of 12 and 17 and have not previously participated in the program.
- Be prepared to live away from home for at least five days (not including travel time).
- Participate in activities before, during, and after the exchange.
- Organize fundraising events to help cover the cost of hosting activities and local transportation.
- Agree to pay a group participation fee ($40 per person).
To learn more about the YMCA Youth Exchanges Canada program or to apply click here .
Youth Exchanges Program Coordinator
YMCA Youth Exchanges Canada
YMCA Welcome Village
9835 103A Avenue
Phone: 780 429-5734