- Castle Downs Family YMCA, Edmonton, AB
- Type of Position:
- Placement Date:
Want to contribute something positive to a child’s future? The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking individuals that enjoy working with children and creating a fun, friendly and nurturing learning environment. As a YMCA Volunteer you will assist Child Minding Instructors in providing quality instruction of child minding programs to participants between the ages of 6 weeks – 12 years.
- Provide quality child-minding programs with assistance from Child Minding Instructors.
- Assist staff with active supervision of members during programming.
- Ensure a safe environment for all members and parents. Complete necessary safety documents, enforce proper sign-in and sign-out procedures for parents, and follow head counts and maintain ratios.
- Role model recruitment and retention of members, best practices, and a healthy lifestyle.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Standard First Aid, CPR-C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search
- Some experience working with children will be considered an asset.
- Well developed interpersonal skills.
- Friendly, energetic, positive attitude.
- Available to work one of the following shifts per week:
- Monday - Saturday : 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Monday - Saturday : 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Monday and Wednesday : 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
If this position interests you, please visit the centre to fill out paperwork.