- Castle Downs Family YMCA, Edmonton, AB
- Type of Position:
- Placement Date:
Do you enjoy spending more time in the water then on dry land? The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking individuals who enjoy water and contributing to a fun aquatics learning environment. The Volunteer will be responsible for leading evening Deep /Shallow aquafit classes. Join the YMCA as a Volunteer and help others learn to float.
- Teach Aquafit classes as assigned.
- Role model recruitment and retention of members, best practices, and a healthy lifestyle.
- Demonstrate and promote a persona l understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Standard First Aid, CPR-C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search
- Aquafit Certified (AFLCA/YMCA or Bachelor of Physical Education or Kinesiology)
- Experience working in groups
- Public speaking experience is an asset
- Organizing events/activities
- Well-developed interpersonal and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Friendly, energetic, positive attitude
- A love of swimming!
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 8pm-9pm
If this position interests you, please visit the centre to fill out paperwork.