- Castle Downs Family YMCA, Edmonton, AB
- Type of Position:
- Placement Date:
Enjoy helping and encouraging others to lead a healthy lifestyle? The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking fitness lovers with a passion and talent for relationship building and role modeling a healthy lifestyle. The Volunteers will provide effective and high quality services in the individual conditioning areas through coaching members in personalized fitness programs. Join the YMCA as a Volunteer and help others lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Greet members and provide workout centre orientations as assigned
- Circulate and supervise activities in the workout centre to ensure all members have a safe and enjoyable workout.
- Monitor the fitness service bookings and carry out individualized fitness programs and assist with the delivery of fitness and lifestyle education programs.
- Assist in providing personalized service to all members of the workout centre.
- Role model recruitment and retention of members, best practices, and a healthy lifestyle.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Standard First Aid, CPR-C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search
- YMCA Fitness Strength training certification Level II or equivalent
- Currently participating in fitness classes an asset.
- Experience working with others in a customer service capacity.
- Leadership experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and multitasking skills.
- Friendly, energetic, positive attitude.
- A love of fitness!
- Minimum of 1hours per week during hours of operation
If this position interests you, please visit the centre to fill out paperwork.