YMCA of Northern Alberta - Edmonton
- Edmonton, Welcome Village YMCA
- Type of Position:
- Job Level:
- Placement Date:
Has the following volunteer position available:
Program Volunteer (Digital Literacy Program)
The YMCA is a charitable, mission-based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking a motivated individual that will provide direct service delivery to the participants of the Digital Literacy program. The Volunteer Facilitator is responsible for supporting the delivery of digital literacy workshops to a variety of program participants. At all times, the Volunteer Facilitator will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills with vulnerable populations who face challenges or lack of understanding related to a variety of digital platforms. A successful applicant should expect to work evenings and weekends and be willing to travel within the regional scope of the YMCA of Northern Alberta to deliver services.
· Prepare materials and assist in facilitating beginner level digital literacy workshops to participants in multiple locations in northern Alberta.
· Market for and recruit youth and adult learners in northern Alberta to attend workshops.
· Maintain accurate attendance records.
· Utilize classroom management techniques to ensure a respectful, trusting and supportive learning environment.
· Assess participants’ interests, skills, abilities related to a variety of digital platforms.
· Provide accurate and current information to ensure participants leave with increased confidence navigating the digital world.
· Conduct post-workshop follow up with participants.
· Maintain appropriate program administration systems in accordance with the YMCA of Northern Alberta and funder standards.
· Collect statistical information and participate in annual program and service delivery reviews.
· Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
· Education/Certifications/Credentials/Professional Registration
- University Degree in Education, Computer Sciences, or equivalent would be of benefit.
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C and WHIMIS Certification is an asset
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search, and a current and satisfactory Child Welfare Intervention Record Check at no cost to volunteer.
o Access to reliable transportation is required
o Experience facilitating workshops to participants.
o Experience working with cultural groups, high needs and marginalized populations.
o Maintaining effective communication
o High level understanding of multiple digital platforms.
o Excellent written and oral communication.
o Working knowledge of group facilitation
o Knowledge of related community resources.
o Sensitive to and demonstrated knowledge of dealing with the needs of participants from multiple backgrounds and literacy levels.
o Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows.
Applications will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
Send Resume to: email@example.com
Name of Contact or Department: