- Don Wheaton Family YMCA, Edmonton, AB
- Type of Position:
- Placement Date:
Do you enjoy meeting new people and representing a great cause? As a volunteer in our Member Services team you would be the first point of contact for our new and regular YMCA members playing an important role in building and maintaining relationships, providing quality customer service and support to our members. You would also play an integral role in representing the YMCA of Northern Alberta, educating the public about our programs and services, and providing Centre tours to prospective members, visitors and student groups.
- Welcome and greet members to the Centre and validate membership cards.
- Provide facility tours to prospective members, visitors and student groups.
- Provide information on memberships,programs and services.
- Administrative duties as assigned.
- Role model recruitment and retention of members, best practices, and a healthy lifestyle.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Minimum 16 years of age
- WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search
- Experience working with others in a customer service capacity.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and multitasking skills.
- Friendly, energetic, positive attitude.
- Minimum 2 hours per week: weekdays 11:00am-1:00pm, 4:00pm-6:00pm, or 6:00pm-8:00pm
If this position interests you, please visit the centre to fill out paperwork.