- Jamie Platz Family YMCA, Edmonton, AB
- Type of Position:
- Placement Date:
Enjoy helping and encouraging others to lead a healthy lifestyle? The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking fitness lovers with a passion and talent for relationship building and role modelling a healthy lifestyle. The Volunteer will assist staff members to provide effective and high quality services in the individual conditioning areas, individualized fitness services to members, and active supervision of the workout centre and its members. Join the YMCA as a Volunteer and help others lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Greet members and provide workout centre orientations as assigned.
- Perform minimal administrative duties.
- Light Cleaning of workout equipment.
- Role model recruitment and retention of members, best practices, and a healthy lifestyle.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Standard First Aid, CPR-C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search
- YMCA Fitness Strength training certification Level I or equivalent an asset.
- Experience working with others in a customer service capacity.
- Leadership experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and multitasking skills.
- Friendly, energetic, positive attitude.
- A love of fitness!
- Minimum 3 hours per week; weekdays from (8:00am - 11:00am), (4:00pm – 7:00pm), (6:00pm – 9:00pm)
If this position interests you, please visit the centre to fill out paperwork.