- Jamie Platz Family YMCA, Edmonton, AB
- Type of Position:
- Placement Date:
Do you enjoy spending more time in the water then on dry land? The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking individuals who enjoy water and contributing to a fun aquatics learning environment. The Volunteer will assist the assigned Aquatics Instructor in teaching high-quality swim lessons to children. Join the YMCA as a Volunteer and help others learn to float.
- Assist the Aquatics Instructor in providing quality instruction of the swim lesson(s) assigned. Follow the instructor’s direction and help maintain class discipline.
- Assist in developing lesson plans.
- Role model recruitment and retention of members, best practices, and a healthy lifestyle.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Minimum 12 years of age
- Standard First Aid, CPR-C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search
- Swim instructor qualification an asset but not required.
- Previous leadership experience an asset.
- Basic swim skills.
- Good rapport with children.
- Able to take direction.
- Friendly, energetic, positive attitude.
- A love of swimming!
- Minimum 3 hours per week: Sat 9-3pm, Sun 10-1:30pm, Mon-Fri 4-7pm
If this position interests you, please visit the centre to fill out paperwork.