- Jamie Platz Family YMCA
- Type of Position:
- Placement Date:
The Jamie Platz Family YMCA is seeking fitness lovers with a passion and talent for relationship building and role modeling a healthy lifestyle for the following position:
Please note: must be available for daytime classes.
The Volunteer will work on strategies to improve member’s experience, and instruct group fitness classes. Join the YMCA as a Volunteer; give back to your community, and get FIT!
- Provide quality instruction of the group fitness class(es) agreed upon.
- Deliver high quality services through excellent relationships with members. Relay program information and upcoming YMCA events to members.
- Role model recruitment and retention of members, best practices, and a healthy lifestyle.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- CycleFit Instructor Certification (YMCA or AFLCA)
- Strong communication skills; outgoing, positive and fun
- CPR C
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C
- Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance (will provide)
- Currently participating in fitness classes an asset.
- Experience working with others in a customer service capacity.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and multitasking skills.
- Friendly, energetic, positive attitude and organization.
- Ability to assist in leading group fitness programming (including lesson planning).
- A love of fitness!
- Minimum 1.5 hours per week
If this position interests you, please visit the centre to fill out paperwork.