- Jamie Platz Family YMCA, Edmonton, AB
- Type of Position:
- Placement Date:
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking volunteers who enjoy working with others, helping to maintain our beautiful YMCA's through exceptional cleaning. The Volunteer will assist the Facility Attendant team with ongoing cleaning and maintenance within the assigned YMCA Centre. Join the YMCA as a Volunteer and put your creativity and skills to use.
- Locker room restorative cleaning (daily)
- Hot Tub cleaning (Tuesdays and Thursdays).
- Support and work as part of a staff/volunteer team ensuring excellent customer service.
- Be aware of health and safety at all times both in working practices and on site.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Standard First Aid, CPR-C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search
- Previous cleaning and/or janitorial experience an asset.
- Ability to perform light duty maintenance tasks.
- Able to follow directions and work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and multitasking skills.
- Three shifts a week Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 10 AM - 2 PM.
If this position interests you, please visit the centre to fill out paperwork.