- Jamie Platz Family YMCA, Edmonton, AB
- Type of Position:
- Placement Date:
Do you enjoy engaging and working with people face-to-face? The Member Services teams in our YMCA Centres are often the first point of contact for our new and regular YMCA members playing an important role in building and maintaining relationships with our members. As a volunteer member of our Member Services team you will provide quality customer service and support to our members.
- Welcome and greet members to the Centre and validate membership cards.
- Provide information on programs and services.
- Complete administrative duties as assigned.
- Role model: recruitment and retention of members, best practices, and a healthy lifestyle.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Standard First Aid, CPR-C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search
- Experience working with others in a customer service capacity.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and multitasking skills.
- Friendly, energetic, positive attitude.
- Working knowledge of computers (Microsoft Word and Windows Operating Systems).
- Minimum 2 hours per week: Monday (8:00am – 12:00noon) or Monday – Friday (5:00pm – 10:00pm), or Saturday (9:00am – 12:00noon)
If this position interests you, please visit the centre to fill out paperwork.