- Edmonton, AB
- Type of Position:
- Placement Date:
Want to contribute something positive to a child’s future? The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking individuals that enjoy working with children and creating a fun, friendly and nurturing learning environment. As a YMCA Volunteer you will assist Child Care Educators in providing quality instruction of child minding programs to participants between the ages of 12 weeks – 12 years.
- Provide quality child-minding programs with assistance from Child Care Educators.
- Assist staff with active supervision of members during programming.
- Ensure a safe environment for all members and parents.
- Role model: recruitment and retention of members, best practices, and a healthy lifestyle.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search
- Some experience working with children will be an asset.
- Well developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Friendly, energetic, positive attitude.
- Shifts are a minimum in two hours in length between 7 AM and 6 PM.
If this position interests you, please complete an online application form !