- William Lutsky Family YMCA, Edmonton, AB
- Type of Position:
- Placement Date:
Have you taken a fitness class so many times you could probably lead it yourself? The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking fitness lovers with a passion and talent for relationship building and role modelling a healthy lifestyle. The Volunteer will assist in monitoring and responding to the Member Connect Program, work on strategies to improve member’s experience, and assist in instructing group fitness classes. Join the YMCA as a volunteer; give back to your community, and get FIT!
- Assist in providing quality instruction of the group fitness class(es) agreed upon.
- Deliver high quality services through excellent relationships with members. Relay program information and upcoming YMCA events to members.
- Assist with class set up and organizing the group fitness storage room. **Note: lifting is required.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Standard First Aid, CPR-C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search
- Group Fitness instructor certification an asset but not required.
- Currently participating in fitness classes an asset.
- Experience working with others in a customer service capacity.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and multitasking skills.
- Ability to assist in leading group fitness programming (including lesson planning).
- Friendly, energetic, positive attitude.
- A love of fitness!
- Minimum 2 hours per week: 1 day per week. See Centre group fitness schedule
If this position interests you, please visit the centre to fill out paperwork.