- William Lutsky Family YMCA, Edmonton, AB
- Type of Position:
- Placement Date:
Do you enjoy spending more time in the water then on dry land? The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking individuals who enjoy water and contributing to a fun aquatics learning environment. The Volunteer will assist in teaching high-quality swim lessons to children. Join the YMCA as a Volunteer and help others learn to float!
- Assist in class instruction and candidate evaluation instruction as outlined by The YMCA of Northern Alberta Aquatic guidelines and
the YMCA Swimming Instructor’s Manual
- To communicate with other volunteers, staff and patrons
- To help ensure that safety standards and policies are maintained and followed
- To assist in first aid situations and/or treatment as needed as outlined in the emergency procedures
- To help tidy pool deck and equipment during/after program
- Other duties as required
- Role model recruitment and retention of members, best practices, and a healthy lifestyle.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- 12 years or older
- Must hold YMCA Star 7 or equivalent
- Standard First Aid (SFA), CPR-C, AED and WHIMIS an asset
- Current Swim Instructor Award (WSI, Swim for Life, YSI) an asset
- Bronze Cross or National Lifeguard (NL) an asset
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search
- Previous leadership experience an asset.
- Basic swim skills.
- Good rapport with children.
- Able to take direction.
- Friendly, energetic, positive attitude.
- A love of swimming!
- Minimum 3 hours or more a week; weekday evenings or Saturday mornings
If this position interests you, please visit the centre to fill out paperwork.