- William Lutsky Family YMCA, Edmonton, AB
- Type of Position:
- Job Level:
- Placement Date:
Do you enjoy spending your days watching over people and keeping them safe? The YMCA is seeking individuals who enjoy contributing to a fun customer service oriented aquatics environment. The Volunteer will assist the assigned Aquatics lifeguards in delivering a safe and enjoyable environment for members. Join the YMCA as a Volunteer and help others learn to be water safe.
- Deliver high quality services through excellent relationships with participants.
- Deliver high quality supervision at all times while on guard duty, guard from appropriate location and follow guard to bather ratio. Correct unsafe techniques and ensure safe and effective use of equipment by participants.
- Promote prevention of accidents and incidents through rule enforcement and good maintenance practices. Follow Provincial and Local Public Health regulations at all times and monitor and reinforce Aquatics Safety Standards.
- Respond to all incidents and accidents that may occur in the aquatic or surrounding areaRole model best practices daily by interacting with members in the facility.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Minimum 16 years of age.
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C/AED
- National Lifeguard qualifications.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search (will provide)
- WHMIS Certification (will provide)
- Previous experience lifeguarding an asset.
- Excellent problem solving, multitasking, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to deal with difficult situations and customer complaints with confidence.
- Developed coaching and team building skills.
- Minimum 3 hours per week: Hours Available Monday-Friday 1:30-3:30pm Throughout July & August
If this position interests you, please visit the centre to fill out paperwork.
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.