- William Lutsky Family YMCA, Edmonton, AB
- Type of Position:
- Placement Date:
Are you a handyman? The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking volunteers with a passion and talent for odd jobs and building improvement projects on a budget. The Volunteer will assist the Facility Operator with ongoing building maintenance and projects within the assigned YMCA Centre. Join the YMCA as a Volunteer and put your creativity and skills to use.
- Assist maintenance staff with building operations, general labour duties and upkeep.
- Monitor, evaluate and make recommendations regarding current facility operations services in coordination with the immediate supervisor.
- Participate in building improvement projects under the direction of the facility operator and work independently on assigned tasks.
- Support and work as part of a staff/volunteer team ensuring excellent customer service.
- Be aware of health and safety at all times both in working practices and on site.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Using common hand and power tools, such as hammers, saws, drills, wrenches and small handheld power tools to resolve maintenance issues.
- Basic carpentry, door repair, drain cleaning, patch holes and drywall repair, update plumbing fixtures, replace light bulbs, minor plumbing repairs, check fluid levels, shelf installation, shelving.
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Standard First Aid, CPR-C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search
- 3-5 years experience in general maintenance and/or a combination of skills/experience in related field or trade.
- Adaptable and creative
- Able to follow directions and work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and multitasking skills.
If this position interests you, please visit the centre to fill out paperwork.