- Eagle Ridge Community Centre, Fort McMurray, AB
- Type of Position:
- Placement Date:
Do you want to be a role model and have a positive impact on our future generations? The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking individuals that enjoy working with youth and creating a fun, friendly and nurturing learning environment. As a YMCA Volunteer you will assist the Youth Coordinator in providing quality instruction of programs and activities to participants between the ages of 12 – 17 years in our Eagle Ridge Youth Centre.
- Provide quality age appropriate programs and activities with assistance from Youth Coordinator.
- Assist staff with active supervision of members during programming.
- Ensure a safe environment for all members and visitors.
- Role model a healthy lifestyle to all participants.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Standard First Aid, CPR-C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search
- Experience working with children & youth will be considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and multitasking skills.
- Friendly, energetic, positive attitude.
- Enjoys working with Youth.
- Minimum 2 hours per week.
- Youth Centre Hours: Wednesday – Friday 2:30pm – 9:30pm
If this position interests you, please visit the centre to fill out paperwork.