For flooding and recovery information from the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, click here
For the latest update on the YMCA of Northern Alberta’s response to COVID-19, please, click here
. Because of the high volume of requests, we are unable to respond to phone inquiries at this time
Updated: March 18, 2020
To ensure the safety of staff and members, our facilities are closed and we will not be arranging access for collection of personal items at this time. Thank you for your patience.
All other YMCA offices, in all regions, are closed to employees and the public as of Tuesday, March 17 in response to the state of emergency that was declared by the Government of Alberta. This includes:
- Bill Rees YMCA (Edmonton)
- Hardin Street Building – YMCA office (Wood Buffalo)
- Regionals Office – YMCA office (Grande Prairie)
As of Sunday, March 15, the YMCA of Northern Alberta has closed the following facilities in an abundance of caution and as directed from Alberta's Chief Medical Officer of Health and the Governement of Alberta:
Click here for information on refunds and future payments for YMCA programs and services.
- All health, fitness and aquatic centres and community centres in all regions are closed to the public. This includes:
- Westwood Family YMCA (Wood Buffalo)
- William Lutsky Family YMCA (Edmonton)
- Jamie Platz Family YMCA (Edmonton)
- Don Wheaton Family YMCA (Edmonton)
- Castle Downs Family YMCA (Edmonton)
- All community centres in all regions are closed to the public. This includes:
- Eagle Ridge Community Centre (Wood Buffalo)
- Boyle Street Community Centre (Edmonton)
- Northside Community Centre (Red Deer)
- All YMCA Child Care programs are closed.
- All Community and Housing programs that serve children or youth are cancelled.
Thank you for your support and understanding as we do our best to keep everyone safe, and keep the YMCA a healthy community where people can connect, belong and thrive.