Bridging the Gap (BTG) is a 20-week employment readiness program which enhances the skills of young job-seeking Albertans (aged 15 to 30) through a combination of practical training and a 12-week work placement provided by recognized organizations representing varied industries.
BTG is offered in the Edmonton Capital Region, Grande Prairie Region and Wood Buffalo.
Certifications such as First Aid, CPR and WHMIS, and topics such as workplace communication, computer literacy, customer relations and personal development are all covered to ensure participants are well prepared for the job market.
- Youth-focused environment with friendly, qualified staff
- One-to-one counselling and coaching
- Employment and career assessments
- Eight weeks of small group instruction
- Twelve weeks of work experience
- Life and employability skills workshops
- Assistance with child care costs (if needed)
- Connection to employers
- Links to community resources
- Between the ages of 15-30 years
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Unemployed and not eligible for Employment Insurance
- A Canadian citizen, permanent citizen or refugee
Calling all employers!
You are invited to apply to provide employment opportunities to the amazing pool of program particpants. Simply complete and submit our BTG Employer Agreement to get started.
For more information contact:
EDMONTON CAPITAL REGION
GRANDE PRAIRIE REGION