For the latest update on the YMCA of Northern Alberta’s response to COVID-19, please, click here
. Because of the high volume of requests, we are unable to respond to phone inquiries at this time
YMCA Youth Exchanges Canada (YEC) provides youth aged 12 to 17 with the opportunity to explore Canada while learning leadership, communication and teamwork skills, all while developing a strong sense of community. Youth work together on community projects and make new friends while discovering the history, geography and diversity of Canada.
English | Français
The program is designed for groups of 10 to 30 participants who are paired with same-age groups from another province or territory, and they travel to each other’s communities, staying for at least five days.
The Government of Canada through the YMCA Youth Exchanges Canada Program pays the transportation costs for all eligible participants and organizers. The YMCA facilitates the exchanges through local support networks.
YMCA Youth Exchanges Canada Program is open to groups of young people who belong to a recognized community organization or school. To participate in the program, you must:
- Be between the ages of 12 and 17 and have not previously participated in the program.
- Be prepared to live away from home for at least five days (not including travel time).
- Participate in activities before, during and after the exchange.
- Organize fundraising events to help cover the cost of hosting activities and local transportation.
- Agree to pay a group participation fee ($40 per person).
To learn more about the YMCA Youth Exchanges Canada program or to apply click here.
Pour en savoir plus sur le programme Échanges jeunesse Canada du YMCA ou pour postuler, cliquez ici pour français.
Regional Coordinator, YMCA Youth Exchanges
Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut
Phone: 780 429-5734
YMCA Family Resource Centre
9835 103A Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5H 0J3