- Jamie Platz Family YMCA
- Type of Position:
- Full Time, Temporary
- Placement Date:
Has the following full-time summer position from May 23 – August 28, 2017 available (based out of the Jamie Platz Family YMCA with weekly travel to the other 5 YMCA Edmonton Region Summer Camp locations):
Day Camp International Coordinator (2 Positions; Region Wide)
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking an enthusiastic individual that will provide effective supervision and coordination of all day camp programming to its members (3 - 17 years).
- Book, schedule, communicate organize, and lead Inter-Branch Association International themed Camp Special Events, International Activities, Resources, Guest Speakers and Canada 150 Celebration activities.
- Act as a Guest Speaker in day camps daily; leading International themed activities.
- Assist in the recruitment and development of local Community International Partnerships for the YMCA Camps.
- Monitor, track, record and evaluate day camp International events: follow the audit process for program quality assurance. Assist with Day Camp administration tasks as assigned.
- Implement direct camper leadership in ratio when required (minimal).
- Manage and operate within the approved camp budget.
- Ensure Alberta Camping Association (ACA) standards are upheld in all HFR Centres.
- Role model recruitment and retention of volunteers and members.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Currently a post-secondary student in Education, Physical Education, International Studies, Community Development or related field.
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C , Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance (provided upon hire),WHMIS Certification (provided upon hire)
- Minimum 1-3 years experience working in Day Camp; past Camp Coordinator or Camp Director experience is an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; advanced Excel skills.
- Highly Organized leader that is detail oriented.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, well developed interpersonal and networking skills.
- Knowledge in Alberta Camping Association (ACA) Standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in negotiations and partnership building.
Applications will remain open until April 7, 2017
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
07-04-2017 | 3:45 PM