face coverings copy
Effective September 4, face coverings are mandatory in indoor public spaces across Alberta, including YMCA Health and Wellness Centres, for all community members, participants, guests, employees and volunteers, including in change rooms and communal areas. The only exceptions are:
- When exercising or participating in water-based activities,
- When consuming food and/or beverages,
- When using showers and/or aquatic areas,
- For children under the age of two (2) years,
- For those with a medical condition who are prepared to show a doctor's note.
A face covering includes a mask, balaclava, bandana, scarf, cloth or other similar items that cover the nose, mouth and chin without gapping. Details on masking in Alberta can be found at alberta.ca.masks.
Thank you for helping keep YMCA spaces healthy and safe for everyone to enjoy.