Out of School | Before and After School Care
For children enrolled in Grades 1–6
Time gaps before and after school can be empty and lonely for kids, or they can be filled constructively and creatively! Incorporates the Physical Literacy curriculum.
Until July 22, online registration will be temporarily unavailable while we switch to our new online experience. Until then, please call 1-866-421-9622 or come in to your local YMCA to register for any programs, classes, or summer camps.
The YMCA of Northern Alberta currently operates 9 Child Care centres in Fort McMurray, some with capacity for immediate placement in Early Years, Kindercare, and Out of School Care.
Located inside the Eagle Ridge Community Centre, at 2-301 Sparrowhawk Dr, Fort McMurray.Out of School | Before and After School Care for children 6 - 12 years old.
Located inside Ecole Dickinsfield School, at 201 Dickins Dr, Fort McMurray.Out of School | Before and After School Care forchildren 5 - 12 years old.
Located inside Thickwood Heights Public School, at 96 Silin Forest Rd, Fort McMurray.Out of School | Before and After School Care for children 5 - 12 years old.
Located within Timberlea Public School, at 107 Brett DR, Fort McMurray. Out of School | Before and After School Care for children 5 - 12 years old.
Located within Westview Public School, at 407 Wolverine DR, Fort McMurray.Out of School | Before and After School Care for children 5 – 12 years old.
YMCA Child Care offers an array of benefits for your child in the Edmonton Region:
- Daily communication and feedback between parents and staff.
- Utilizes the national Physical Literacy curriculum.
- Nutritious (and allergen aware) morning and afternoon snacks.
- Care provided during non-school days and holidays so parents are able to continue working.
- Special events and field trips.
- Wide range of physical activities offered to promote healthy development.
- Connections to other families at Family Events held throughout the year to celebrate special occasions.
- Monthly newsletter to keep you up-to-date on the events happening each month.