This pre-booked service offers parents the chance to utilize programming while their children enjoy a safe, interactive and fun environment. In order to be eligible for the member rate the child must be a YMCA of Northern Alberta member. Space is limited so book early to avoid disappointment. Block bookings for the sessions are available. Please call to see if there is child minding available during your program. Cancellations must be phoned in by 8am on the day of your booking or a $7 no-show fee will apply.
Child Minding - bring your child to the YMCA with you – you work out while they play!
YMCA Child Minding Service is provided at Castle Downs Family YMCA, Jamie Platz Family YMCA, William Lutsky Family YMCA and Westwood Family YMCA so that parents have the opportunity to attend a class, work out, swim, etc. (within the facility) knowing their child is nearby and receiving quality care. A monthly theme and elements of Active Start Physical Literacy are part of the Play Care program.
YMCA Child Minding Staff are qualified, trained and certified with Standard First Aid/CPR Level C, NCCP FMS and WHMIS. They have had completed a Security Clearance Check and Child Welfare Check.
There are 2 booking options:
- Block Booking – 8 prepaid weeks with regular sessions
(For parents who have regular schedules and are able to commit to a specific day and time of the week for the entire session)
- Call-in Booking – call at least 24 hours in advance to book a time
(Booking is limited to availability – call-ins are done up to one week in advance only)
(Punch Passes can be purchased at the YMCA Experience desk. The daily payments are deducted from the punch pass each child minding session.)
|If your child is a member, you pay:
||If your child is not a member, you pay:
||PUBLIC (NON-MEMBER) FEE
||$7 per visit, per child
Child Minding is sold in half hour blocks as a punch pass. Child must be a member to be eligible for member pricing.
- Child Minding hours of operation vary at each location
- Please cancel no later than 8am on the day of your child’s booking. Late cancellation phone calls and no-shows are subject to a cancellation fee of the full day’s booking
- Please label all of your child’s belongings – the Child Minding Staff is not held accountable for any lost items
- Parents are welcome to bring snacks or lunches for their children provided that they are Allergen Aware.
- For security purposes and to ensure proper charges are made to your child minding account, please sign in at the time of your arrival and sign out at the time of your departure.
Also Offered At
Enter your postal code to Find a YMCA location near you that offers this program.
Active Start Parented is an active games-focused course designed to help develop physical literacy. Basic gross motor and coordination skills will be introduced through active games. The program will...
Are your kids asking to go to the playground but the weather outside isn’t cooperating? Come play with your children in our indoor playground which has a variety of equipment suitable for...
Did you know...?
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is the largest and most trusted provider of not-for-profit child care in the Edmonton, Grande Prairie and Wood Buffalo regions. We currently operate 74 Child Care programs (making us the largest provider in Western Canada)! As a charity, we make no profit from our Child Care programs.
Get fit, learn and play all while enjoying some quality time together! Our parented programs are fun for you AND your kids!
School's out for the day, so let's have some fun! Bring your child in for a day of fun-filled games and crafts in a camp environment.