1 in 4 individuals and families that turn to the YMCA to live healthier lives, to access community programs or for trusted child care or day camps, need financial assistance. Because of our donors and sponsors, we can live our commitment each day, that everyone is welcome, and no one is denied access to programs and services because of the inability to pay.
Giving makes financial assistance possible!
When a donation is made to support the YMCA, it opens a world of possibilities. By providing financial assistance to an individual or family to access YMCA programs or services you are giving:
- A child lifelong memories and friendships at YMCA day camp.
- A parent peace of mind and access to YMCA Child Care.
- A teen an increased likelihood of earning their high-school diploma by attending Alternative Suspension.
- A senior a place to connect and stay active at a YMCA Health, Fitness & Aquatic centre.
- A youth an opportunity to develop their full leadership potential.
Give the gift of belonging, be a YGiver today.
Access Financial Assistance
YMCA of Northern Alberta provides about $1.6 million in financial assistance to thousands of members of the YMCA community each year because of the contributions of our generous donors.
Families or individuals unable to pay the full fee for a YMCA membership, summer day camp (2 camps per year), and day camps (Winter/Spring break) are encouraged to apply for financial assistance. Applicants are pre-approved if a verified recipient of:
- Income support (IS)
- Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH)
- Alberta Child Health Benefits (ACHB) - letter with expiry date required
- Alberta Adult Health Benefits (AAHB) - letter with expiry date required
*Some exceptions may apply.
How it Works
Families or individuals pay what they can afford based on their total household income. This amount, the intended use, as well as the duration assistance is required, are determined in the application process. Applicants may re-apply to renew their financial assistance at the end of their term.
Learn more about how to apply for financial assistance by viewing our how-to guide!