March 3: YMCA Responds to Updated Provincial Restrictions
March 3, 2021
Dear valued YMCA members,
We can't wait to welcome you back! We are excited to announce we are resuming many of our YMCA health, fitness and aquatics programs and services on Friday, March 12 at our Edmonton locations below:
To learn more about reopening, membership activation, and access options to start enjoying the YMCA, please see the details below.
Hours of operation
Starting Friday, March 12 we will be open and ready to welcome you back. Hours of operation for the Castle Downs Family YMCA, Jamie Platz Family YMCA & William Lutsky Family YMCA:
- Monday to Friday - 8am to 8pm
- Saturday - 8am to 4pm
- Sunday and statutory holidays - Closed
Don Wheaton Family YMCA:
- Monday to Friday - 7am to 7pm
- Weekends and statutory holidays - Closed
Here’s what will be offered upon opening on Friday, March 12:
- Fitness centre for low-intensity training
- Group fitness, low-intensity classes such as yoga and barre
- Personal training, one on one or as a family cohort
- Private swim lessons, one on one or as a family cohort (Castle Downs, Jamie Platz, William Lutsky only)
- Private gymnasium and pool booking for a family or cohort (Castle Downs, Jamie Platz, William Lutsky only)
We are working hard to offer many of the programs and services you know and love while also fully complying with the latest Government of Alberta’s COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions. All services must be pre-booked. Visit northernalberta.ymca.ca/Register starting Tuesday, March 9 to start booking your activities.
Mandatory rules and requirements
In compliance with the latest Government of Alberta COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions, the following is required of all members and visitors at all times while at any YMCA location:
- Only low intensity actively is allowed. Visit northernalberta.ymca.ca/LowIntensity to understand more about low intensity.
- All services must be pre-booked. Visit northernalberta.ymca.ca/Register starting Tuesday, March 9 to start booking your activities.
- Masks or face coverings (medical or non-medical) must be worn at all times, including during physical activity.
To start enjoying YMCA health, fitness and programs, please activate your membership online by visiting northernalberta.ymca.ca/Register or visit us in-person once we open on Friday, March 12.
All membership on your account will resume automatically on April 19, 2021. If you wish to resume your membership sooner, you can visit us online at northernalberta.ymca.ca/Register or in-person at any YMCA (after opening on March 12).
If you are not ready to restart your membership or that of a family member, you must let us know by extending your membership hold. This must be completed no later than April 16, 2021. Your membership will be placed on hold for three (3) or six (6) months. It’s easy, just visit northernalberta.ymca.ca/Hold and complete the hold extension form.
Please note: Members who do not extend their hold (by completing the above form) will have their membership automatically reactivated. Payments will resume on April 19, 2021.
While we would be sad to see you go, you can cancel your membership by using that same form (northernalberta.ymca.ca/Hold) after April 12, 2021. We will not be accepting cancellation requests until that time.
Make a Difference this March during the YMCA Month of Giving
March is shaping up to be very exciting. Health, fitness and aquatics programs are resuming and its also YMCA Month of Giving.
Help us reach our $100,000 goal! When you donate during the Month of Giving Flaman will match all donations up to $20,000. By donating now, you can double your impact and make a difference in the lives of kids, individuals, and families in your community. Make your donation to the YMCA of Northern Alberta at northernalberta.ymca.ca/Give.
Share your love for the YMCA by adding your voice to the Month of Giving Community Mosaic. The Community Mosaic is a way for the YMCA community to share stories of their experiences at the Y and as a donor. Contribute to the YMCA Month of Giving Community Mosaic!
If you have questions, please contact your awesome YMCA team at email@example.com.
See you soon,
Your YMCA of Northern Alberta Family