There's no job more important in the world than being a parent. But when it's not your only job, YMCA Child Care is here for your family.
We know childhood is a special time when the seeds of future success are planted. YMCA Child Care encourages the physical, mental and social development of your child.
As Canada’s largest child care provider, the health and well-being of your child is at the core of everything we do. At the Y, you'll find caring and dedicated staff who make every day a special day for your child.
YMCA of Northern Alberta operates 76 child care programs for infants to children 12 years of age (programs vary by location).
YMCA Child Care offers an array of benefits for your child:
- Daily communication and feedback between families and staff.
- Nutritious, allergen aware morning and afternoon snacks.
- School-age care provided during non-school days and holidays.
- Special events and field trips.
- Wide range of physical activities offered to promote healthy development.
- Family events held throughout the year to celebrate special occasions.
- Monthly newsletter to keep you up-to-date on the events happening each month.
YMCA Child Care is required to meet mandatory licensing regulations and is visited regularly by a provincial licensing officer to ensure programs are in compliance. Reports from these visits are posted in a location that is visible in the programs, and are available for families to read. Any recommendations from these reports are used as an opportunity to improve.
YMCA Early Years Child Care is licensed for children up to 6 years of age. YMCA School Aged Care is licensed for children aged Kindergarten to Grade 6. Children must be school attendees to participate in a school aged program.
The purpose of Accreditation in Alberta is to raise the standard of child care in the Province and improve best practices. Accreditation is a voluntary process, and involves great dedication on the part of the Educators and the program.
The benefits of accreditation are:
- Provides families with a high-quality program
- Attracts educators who are looking to work in a quality program
- Educators receive support funding
All YMCA programs participate in the accreditation process.