As we update our website, if you notice any error please copy and paste the link from your browser and email us
. Thank you for supporting our charity!
Bridging the Gap (BTG) is a 20-week employment readiness program which enhances the skills of young job-seeking Albertans through a combination of an intensive training program as well as a 12-week work experience provided by industry professionals just like you.
Certifications such as First Aid, CPR and WHMIS, as well as topics such as workplace communication, computer literacy, customer relations, and personal development are all covered with the training program to ensure that participants are well prepared for the evolving job market.
- Youth-focused environment with friendly, qualified staff
- One-to-one counselling and coaching
- Help with developing a personal career plan
- Employment and career assessments to get you started
- Eight weeks of small group instruction and eight weeks of work experience
- Life and employability skills workshops
- Assistance with child care costs if needed
- Connection to employers
- Links to community resources
- Between the ages of 15-30 years
- Not currently in school
- Unemployed and not eligible for Employment Insurance
- A Canadian citizen, permanent citizen or refugee
Calling all employers! You are invited to apply [Click here: https://northernalberta.ymca.ca/CWP/media/YMCAofNA/Documents/Program%20Info/BTG-Employer-Agreement.pdf] to provide employment opportunities to the amazing pool of BTG candidates.
BTG is available in the Edmonton Capital Region, Grande Prairie Region and Wood Buffalo. For more information contact:
Program Director - Bridging the Gap Program