Make friends and learn valuable skills by joining the Leaders in Training (LIT) program. A ten-month program for youth, particpants have fun, take part in team-building activities and participate in rewarding volunteer opportunities that teach leadership skills and benefit the local community.
WHAT IS THE LEADERS IN TRAINING PROGRAM?
LIT is a leadership program for youth in grades 7 to 12. It is a ten-month program where participants gain valuable experience and make a positive impact on the local community through volunteering.
LIT participants have the opportunity to:
- Develop group work skills
- Take on leadership roles
- Help to plan, organize and run special events
- Participate in social activities and special events
Program activities include:
- Volunteering in YMCA programs and at special events
- Participating in group fundraisers and special events
- Attending weekly meetings
The LIT program runs from September to June (breaks during the holidays). The LIT program is currently available in the Edmonton Region at the Castle Downs Family YMCA, Jamie Platz Family YMCA and the William Lutsky Family YMCA. Applications for the 2019-2020 year close October 25, 2019.
If you have any questions or are interested in applying for the program, please contact LIT@northernalberta.ymca.ca.
- $100 for YMCA members/$165 for public (for the full ten months).
Please note all interested youth must submit an application before their registration is finalized for this program.