COVID-19 & the YMCA
In our effort to limit the spread and risk of exposure to COVID-19 to the YMCA community and the public, and to adhere to the direction from health officials, the YMCA of Northern Alberta is taking action to ensure the health, safety and well-being of its members, program participants, staff and volunteers.
Please click on the options below for more information on how we're responding to COVID-19.
- March 3: YMCA Responds to Updated Provincial Restrictions
- Mandatory use of face coverings (non-medical masks)
- YMCA Child Care and COVID-19
As always, we are committed to keeping you informed about the YMCA's response to COVID-19 as it unfolds. Thank you for your help and support in keeping the YMCA a healthy community where everyone can thrive and belong.
Due to the rising number of COVID-19 cases across our province, the Government of Alberta has announced more mandatory measures effective December 13, 2020. These restrictions include the closure of all YMCA health, fitness and aquatic centres, programs and services.
Have questions while our YMCA recreation and wellness services are closed? Contact us!
Homepage: Opening Info
We can't wait to reopen our spaces to our Y community again!
Which YMCA programs and services are running and which are not?
Select immigrant and employment services, child and family supports, youth supports and housing services are still running in all our regions and the North Central Family Resource Network in Edmonton is still open.
Recreation and wellness programs at the Northside Community Centre in Red Deer are cancelled until further notice.
- Recreation and wellness programs and services at the Castle Downs Family YMCA, Don Wheaton Family YMCA, Jamie Platz Family YMCA and William Lutsky Family YMCA in Edmonton are opening soon!
- The Boyle Street Community Centre and YMCA Family Resource Centre are closed until further notice.
- Recreation and wellness programs at the Eagle Ridge Community Centre in Wood Buffalo are cancelled until further notice
Visit northernalberta.ymca.ca/COVID-19 for the most up-to-date information on the YMCA's response to COVID-19.
COVID - Gov. Information
Municipal, Provicial and Federal information on COVID-19
For more information on how we can keep our communities safe, visit your municipal, provincial or federal government's websites.