Bridging the Gap (BTG)
|On this page:||Participant information|
Our Bridging the Gap (BTG) program in Wood Buffalo, Grande Prairie, Red Deer and Edmonton are virtual! If you're looking for an employment readiness program, look no further than our BTG program!
Bridging the Gap is a 20-week employment readiness program that enhances the skills of young job-seeking Albertans (aged 15 to 30) through a combination of practical training and a 12-week work placement provided by recognized organizations representing varied industries. Participants can earn certifications such as First Aid, CPR and WHMIS, and topics such as workplace communication, computer literacy, customer relations and personal development are all covered to ensure participants are well prepared for the job market.
- A youth-focused environment with friendly, qualified staff
- One-to-one counselling and coaching
- Employment and career assessments
- Eight weeks of small group instruction
- Twelve weeks of work experience
- Life and employability skills workshops
- Assistance with child care costs (if needed)
- Connection to employers
- Links to community resources
- Between the ages of 15-30 years
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- A Canadian citizen, permanent citizen or refugee
Please note that this program is being offered in a virtual format. Individuals interested in participating in this intake are required to have reliable internet access and access to a computer for a minimum of 6 hours daily with video conferencing capability. Each participant is required to complete an interview prior to being accepted into the program. All interviews will be conducted via video conferencing. Eligible participants will be invited to two days of Job Trek starting at 9am each day prior to the intake. Ten participants will be selected to start the intake.
Looking to provide an opportunity for young people to learn more about the workforce? Let us know your company is interested in partnering with us by completing the employer expression of interest form below!
For more information on Bridging the Gap, contact a member of our team in these regions: